Saturday, December 5, 2009

Selling Demi and Sangria

A bit sad today....tomorrow, Michelle and her friend Jennifer will be coming to get Sangria and Demi, 2 of my fillies born last year. I spent time with them today, bathing and getting them ready to go. I cried some, especially with Demi. She is such a lovey filly, small, dainty, but perfectly made. Sangria will be larger, and really is elegant with large doe-eyes. I love breeding, and playing with the foals, but selling is so hard. I'm going to miss these two. I'm actually trading Demi for a broke mare, so only really selling one....but still, the same, they are leaving for their new home tomorrow. I will take pics before they leave. Small consolations....they will go togeather and live togeather, and are only 45 minutes away, so I can go see them and see how nicely they grow up :)


On a happier note...I will be getting in a new cremello 3 yr old filly soon....More about that when she gets here! She is a grand-daughter of Montana Harvest, a stallion whom I admire. Again, pics when she gets here!

It is supposed to be cold tonight, in the 20's. Brrrrrr!

Supper.....white chicken chili. Scott found out his cholesterol level is high, about 260, so we will be eatin' mo chicken!

1 comment:

  1. It's never easy letting them go is it. But congratulations on your sales to a good home! And will wait to see pics of this new cremello filly.

    ReplyDelete