Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Had an OK ride on Violet today. I tried on a Circle Y saddle with a cushy seat, on consignment at Marys tack. They want $450. Too much but it was comfy. Violet is OK until we start trotting. Then she pins her ears bad. We did lots of arena work, then down the driveway and to the far open pasture, where I have trails mowed in the tall grass. She is better out in the open but still pinned some, and even threw a little buck on the way back. Little pisser! I fussed, circled and kicked for several circles, then took her back to the open pasture away from home, made her walk and trot some out there again. She was much better! Don't like the bucking though.
I know it sounds like something is hurting her. But she does it in any saddle. Feet are OK. I do think she was better in the hunt saddle though.... Don't know, need to figure this one out....

No comments:

Post a Comment