Thursday, November 19, 2009

Is Anybody there???



Today I decided to give Sangria her first bath. Sangria is my 1 yr old chestnut filly by Rock (Carringtons Choctaw) and out of Ruby (Arapaho Penny), a mare I leased. It was a warm day, good for bathing, so I went ahead to prepare for the battle. I hate giving first baths.....


____________________________________________

I began spraying her legs gently with a small stream from the hose. Nothing. No dancing or fidgiting. I moved up and down her legs....still nothing. Ok, the chest, shoulder, neck....barrel, hips. No reaction. She just stood there watching the other horses in the pasture.

I knocked on her forehead and asked....Helloooooo.....Is anybody home???

I shampooed her coat, mane and tail, then rinsed her off. A couple of time, she moved her hips over, tried to eat grass, and did scrunch her butt when the water hit her tail. But overall, she was amazingly calm and took it better than some horses who are used to being bathed. I'm really impressed by her disposition!



Heres a few pics after she dried off. I am so impressed with her calmness today. Such a wonderful, calm disposition. She is for sale, but I may rethink that.
______________________________
Later today, I rode Violet again. Worked on circles in the arena and then went for a ride out in the pasture and a quick jaunt on the wooded trail. She was good as gold out in the pasture and in the woods. Pinned her ears some in the arena, not sure why.




No comments:

Post a Comment