Sunday, November 15, 2009

My first Blog

Today, as my first blog attempt, I will blog about my ride today. I saddled Mandy, my Morgan mare, and we went for a quick jaunt thru the leaf-strewn woods. Autumn is almost over, winter is on the way, and the weather is beautiful today, so I thought I'd better get out before the nasty cold winter is upon us. It was in the mid-70's today, a bit warm, but cool in the shade of the woods. Mandy stopped when 3 heads popped up on the other side of the neighbors fence....3 donkeys were there to our surprise. I'm not sure Mandy had ever seen a donkey, so I let her look, then we moved on. Down a damp muddy hill, then around the glistening lake we went. Up the hill and into some thick woods, tall old oaks surrounded us for several hundred feet. Then we moseyed on by the old farm house on the property, weathered and beaten by the years. We ended with a walk thru the open field, then back home. Mandy was wonderful as usual. She is a sensible, sweet mare who is a joy to ride.
I came home and cooked dinner - roast pork, baked potatoes and sweet peas. Chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I even had one myself. I'm trying to loose weight, but that is another topic for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment